Wouldn't you like to see everyone, everywhere embrace the concepts of peace and nonviolence? Okay, now prove it! What if I told you that you could promote the peacebuilding paradigm without having to leave the comfort of your own home? No signs to make, no marches to organize and attend, no speeches to make. What if you could do it from where you are sitting right now... Here's the tip... Whenever you run across content on the internet that promotes the peacebuilding ideas that you like (like this one), forward it further: submit it to Reddit or Digg, re-tweet it in Twitter, share it on Facebook, e-mail it to friends or promote it in whatever way you usually promote content you like. Most authors make this easy to do by including a "Share" link somewhere on the post.
With a little more effort, you can help shift the global conversation toward peacebuilding by commenting on articles and blog posts, letting people know about DoPeace, the campaign to create a U.S. Department of Peace, and the Youth PROMISE act.
Goodwill is a contagious and potent energy. By its means, peace can eventually be established on earth. Through its intelligently applied use the dynamics of human interaction can be positively changed in a short period of time. PromoteGoodwill.org is focused on practical methods for spreading this powerful force throughout humanity, in every region of the world. With the co-operation of men and women of goodwill across the globe this energy will stream into the hearts of people in all departments of life, affecting the change necessary to achieve peace. This is PromoteGoodwill.org's primary purpose - promoting goodwill through training and education."
The immediate spiritual problem with which all are faced, is the problem of gradually offsetting hate and initiating the new technique of trained, imaginative, creative and practical goodwill.
"Goodwill is man's first attempt to express the love of God. Its results on earth will be peace. It is so simple and practical that people fail to appreciate its potency or its scientific and dynamic affect. One person sincerely practicing goodwill in a family, can completely change its attitudes. Goodwill really practiced among groups in any nation, by political and religious parties in any nation, and among the nations of the world, can revolutionize the world". Problems of Humanity, by Alice A. Bailey
Tips on Promoting Goodwill
Below we have listed some things we all can do daily ( and do much better ) toward helping foster a greater measure of Right Human Relations with all our relationships. Whether or not you become actively involved with PromoteGoodwill.org you can help pursue this vision by Promoting Goodwill as you go about your daily affairs. Promoting Goodwill is easy and really only takes a conscious effort on our part to adjust our speech, thoughts, mannerisms and tolerances. And to approach each interactive situation with a co-operative heart...and a display of harmlessness. How many of us actually try consciously to interact each and every day with a spirit of harmlessness in our thoughts, words and actions? Thoughts are directed energy - construct ones that are positive - yes, even when it is difficult. This is what we mean by conscious effort. When we begin to try consciously to effect our every day surroundings positive things take place. Attitudes at home and work change for the better. We are not saying you are going to be perfect every day in your conscious endeavor to Promote Goodwill. What we hope to achieve is to demonstrate a greater degree of harmlessness - a greater measure of Right Human Relations through our daily activities. If you believe you are being efficient 20% of your day in your Goodwill Promotion efforts, try for 30% - 40%. This is what we are trying to accomplish here - lots of people doing their best to achieve a greater measure of harmlessness in their lives. Please read some of the thoughts listed below - they are in no particular order.
1. Don't criticize others, directly or indirectly.
2. Be less confrontational over differences.
3. Don't think bad thoughts about others - remember energy follows thought!
4. Help where you can help - make those sacrifices on behalf of others - physically, emotionally, and mentally.
5. Meet others halfway - you can do this more than you think!
6. Be less prone to argue - how many arguments are over truly stupid things?
7. Be more tolerant of other's opinions, viewpoints, beliefs, religions, national and racial cultures.
8. Don't hesitate to be supportive.
9. Don't force your will or beliefs on others - remember...just because we believe something doesn't make us right, or mean it is the only possibility, truth or answer!
10. Watch your word usage - some words just aren't necessary!
11. Negotiate business transactions with a spirit of co-operative goodwill.
12. Try and resolve disputes with your adversaries - be more understanding of the positions of others.
13. Conduct business with an attitude of giving and sharing rather than one of taking.
14. Touch others with a kind gesture for no reason.
15. Make it obvious you are a role model for the promotion of goodwill in your family, work environment and community and as a result others will want to be around you and look to you for help and support - you are contagious!
Please also check: http://twitter.com/PeaceAlliance
Please also read the Don´s bio (initiator of this activity) that inspired me to write this article and help him in his goal to promote Goodwill as much as I can: http://www.promotegoodwill.org/donbio.html